Friday, August 18, 2006

Just like all the other sheeple...........

... I too will have a blog
So I heard a song on the radio the other day. Can't remember the song, BUT one phrase from it caught in my mind.... "What is your everything, what are you living and dying for?". And of course, first thing you start listing is all the things that are important to you, all the things that you WOULD die for. This ideal, that religion, my lover, my family, my country etc etc etc. But see, that wasn't the question. It was what ARE you living and dying for. So I started being introspective and attempting to look for a real answer. I looked at every action I had, every thought that crossed my mind, every word that passed my lips, and the reasons for each one. I didn't like the actuality of what I was living each day for. Then I did the same thing with my craft. I have been floudering, not really knitting or crocheting or spinning or crafting at all much lately. I thought, WHAT am I crafting for? Do I still want the fiber farm and farm store life I've been selling myself as a dream for years? Do I want a yarn store at all? If not, why am I still in this darn business?
I've always wanted to design, be a real live published knitting designer. Have I taken any steps to getting there, even putting freebie patterns up on a blog? NOPE! So, here, I will take STEP ONE to getting to be a real designer, whatever that means, and figuring out what I am crafting for. I will post free patterns as I get around to writing them up from the finished item. Please forgive my lack of patternwriting skills, I'll go ahead and ask in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home